Sunday, October 21, 2012

Leap



What's your biggest dream? If you succeeded in that dream, what would you do next? I believe that often the dreams may seem out of reach but at least we have something to reach for. Don't pooh pooh your ideas just because they seem elaborate or impossible. Brainstorming is a wonderful catalyst for good things to come. Get around people that are free thinkers. I always admired the kind of person that just got an idea and acted on it. Whether they had money or not, they just get a thought, do some research, and then strive to achieve it. I used to sit around on my ass and wonder what makes a person just try like that? Why are they able to do it and not me? What drives them? What do they have that I don't have? I have learned one of my biggest obstacles was fear. I was frozen with doubts. I could talk myself out of just about anything. "I don't have the money. I don't have the skills. I don't have the time. I am too lazy. Too tired. Too old." Fear is an easy way out of growth. We can stay in one place and watch life go by. Or perhaps we can face our fears with a sense of adventure. I used to tell myself, "Self, You may not know what the @#!* you are doing right now, but you will learn it eventually. If you mess up, SO WHAT! Nothing tragically bad will happen. Just try!" So I say, do something that scares you. It will help u to lose those fears. Imagine yourself as how you would like to be. If you want to be brave, imagine that your brave. Risk maybe involved, but when was the last time you witnessed an earth changing idea that didn't involve risk? Go for it! Look both ways, then leap! 

No comments:

Post a Comment