Sunday, December 30, 2012

"Genius is eternal patience."


View the beauty of the Sistine Chapel from the comfort of your chair.
Click the link below and enjoy.
http://www.vatican.va/various/cappelle/sistina_vr/index.html

Just over 500 years ago a sculptor was commissioned to paint the Sistine Chapel. And what a job he did! It was accomplished in 4 years.Thousands have been inspired by his work. All done while standing. Not on reclined on his back. (That was just depicted in the movies.) Michelangelo Buonarrotti left behind a legacy.  He said, "Genius is eternal patience."
Mike must have been a VERY patient man. Commission work is not for the faint of heart. As an artist, your opening yourself up to eternal whiners and unreasonable demands. I tend to say no thank you to commission work.

Even while writing this blog, I am thinking about the time lost that I could be in the studio painting. Do we have time to be a genius anymore? Can we get paid for patience? Times have changed. We live in a rushed world. But shouldn't we be creating our best work? So how do we get a grasp on the ever elusive patience? I  try to work through my frustrations by trying over and over again. Then I usually feel the blood rushing to my head and the emotions beginning to boil and I have to stop, breathe and get away from it. Here are some pointers. (If you have the patience to read it)

http://www.wikihow.com/Be-Patient

 Share your secrets. What do you do to remain calm in stressful situations?


No comments:

Post a Comment